LafargeHolcim Egypt´s use of domestic pet coke will triple by 2018 compared to 2014´s level, comprising 72 per cent of the company´s fuel mix, the company has said in a presentation. Use of alternative fuels will also almost double to 24 per cent.
Changes are already underway, however, with domestic pet coke expected to account for 66 per cent of the fuel mix in 2016. The company´s fuel bill is expected to fall by CHF60 million in FC2016.
By 2018, LafargeHolcim Egypt expects to have phased out use of imported pet coke altogether, as 96 per cent of the fuel mix comes from domestic pet coke and alternative fuels. Natural gas and heavy fuels account for the remaining 4 per cent.